Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Trump's Non-Action on North Korea


Trump's non-action on North Korea has convinced me that he is not up to being President. We can not live in a world where Kim Jong Un can shoot missiles over Japan, and he still is allowed to be alive the next day.

We had no idea whether those missiles carried a nuke. We had no idea. We had no idea whether they were sent to target Japan, to blast a city of the map. We had no idea.

And still Kim Jong Un is alive today.

Trump has exploited the Hopes and Trust of the American people to become President. But he is not the Leader of the Free World. He does not have a vision. He said he had one, but he lacks the courage to make it happen.

He is a loser.

I am becoming more and more convinced he is a Traitor.

At the very least he is a Traitor to the Hopes and Trust of the American people, which, as I said, he has exploited.

Let the dogs out. Let the feeding frenzy begin.

We are well passed the last hope, and we have even passed reasonable endpoint.

There is no reason for another SOS. It's call would merely echo all but mute amidst the descending chaos.

5 comments:

Tim said...

I hope you're wrong. I believe the back channels are in play and something is in the works. He can't risk total nuclear war. There's a madman in NORKO. Give him time. Are you looking for a WW3? Jesus h. Christ. I for one, believe he's looking at all the options and listening to his Generals.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Tim. But do not know what the situation is, and neither does Trump.

Pastorius said...

Tim,
I hope you are right.

I didn't bother writing this, but here's why I don't think you are.

It seems obvious to me that this is the direction that Un has been heading, and that the only reasonable way to deal with the obvious is to have contingency plans, so that one can act quickly, especially when it comes to this kind of situation, which is an existential threat.

As I did say clearly in the post here, those missiles could very well have had a nuke on them. We did not know whether they did or didn't.

Now KIM JONG UN KNOWS WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT THEM.

How does he know it?

Because we didn't.

We didn't shoot the missile out of the sky.

We didn't do shit.

At the time, or in the now 30+ hours since.

Not only could we not do anything to shoot the missile out of the sky, A MISSILE WHICH AGAIN I WILL SAY

COULD HAVE HAD A NUKE ON IT

but we obviously had NO CONTINGENCY PLAN WITH WHICH TO RESPOND QUICKLY IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY EVEN IF WE COULD NOT SHOOT THE FUCKING THING OUT OF THE SKY.

There was no leadership at all.

Apparently we just have no response other than more diplomacy.

HERE'S WHAT I WOULD DO.

I would publicly announce I was transferring 25 nuke-tipped missile to Japan, and I would put the onus on them to take care of the problem.

And I would ALERT CHINA that NOTHING HAD BETTER HAPPEN TO MY FRIEND JAPAN.

that's what I would do.

Trump did not have a plan. It is obvious.

Pete Rowe said...

If Japan was armed with 25 nuke tipped missiles, you would not need to tell China or North Korea anything further.

Pastorius said...

Yeah, huh?

See? I am not as crazy as I sound.

Another thing: If it was up to Japan to deal with the situation, maybe we could end this litany of American having to "apologize" for Hiroshima.