Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Romney after meeting with Trump: 'America's best days are ahead of us'


From The Hill:
Mitt Romney praised Donald Trump as the man who can steer the U.S. toward a better future, but did not comment on reports that he is being considered for secretary of State, after the two had dinner Tuesday. 
Speaking to reporters in New York City after dining with Trump Tuesday night, Romney, the 2012 presidential nominee, said the two discussed world affairs during their "enlightening" conversations, but he did not say whether he was offered or discussed the Cabinet position. 
For the majority of his remarks, Romney commended the President-elect's growing Cabinet and transition efforts. "I have to tell you, I've been impressed with what I've seen in the transition. 
The people he's selected as members of his Cabinet are solid, effective, capable people," Romney said, naming off several of Trump's selections. 
"I think you're going to see America continue to lead the world in this century, and what I've seen through these discussions I've had with President-elect Trump, as well as what we've seen in his speech the night of his victory, as well as people he's selected as part of his transition, all of those combined give me increasing hope that President-elect Trump is the very man that can lead us to that better future," Romney said. 
He added: "I happen to think America's best days are ahead of us."

No comments: